Share The Plate
Once a month we dedicate the financial donations collected during the worship service to a designated local nonprofit organization. The members of the Fellowship nominate and vote annually on the the chosen organizations. Our designated 2018 recipients are:
- CHIP (Community Housing Improvement Housing Project) – to support their winter fuel assistance program for those in need.
- Ecumenical Food Pantry of Newcastle – the Twin Villages anchor program for food insecurity.
- FARMS (Focus on Agriculture in Rural Maine Schools) – Focus on Agriculture in Rural Maine Schools to support their new outreach programs to local food pantries.
- Healthy Kids – A Family Resource – Lincoln County’s child abuse and neglect prevention program.
- MUUSAN (Maine Unitarian Universalist State Advocacy Network) – our Fellowship’s connection to statewide social justice advocacy in the public square.
- New Hope for Women – Lincoln County’s support for those affected by domestic violence, dating violence and stalking.
- Restorative Justice Project of the Midcoast – promotes fundamental change in the justice system and schools.
- OUT Maine – partners with schools, clergy, health care workers to focus on needs of LGBTQ youth and families in rural Maine.
- People United Against Racism -Twin Villages Interfaith community based gatherings committed to ending racism.
- SAGE Maine – Damariscotta Drop-in Center to improve the quality of LGBTQ elders in Lincoln County.